Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Choreographer's Tale (Part 3)

Photo courtesy of Lisa Young

OK Go has spent the last few weeks creating and perfecting a new end-of-set dance, which they created with the help of an internationally known choreographer. We've asked her to share her experiences with you...

Tuesday.

Yesterday's work had been to pay brooding homage to Rhythm Nation, the ruthlessness of technology, and the dark face of military prowess everywhere. But from that forlorn moonscape, the Men were now borne aloft to ride a vector of freedom and rebirth, gathering momentum in the frolicsome Greek Wedding/Mariachi sequence and culminating in the menstrual birth-blossoming of Tim. Oh, the jubilation of it! Yet the merriment is short-lived. Sadly, every cherry has a stone for a heart, and, as the Earth spins, we plummet, spiraling angrily into the Westside Story Cluster, the Disco Fault Line, and Toss-The-Tim, an uncharted, bare-back DanceRide through every man's struggle with the blind-folding of youthful innocence and the harsh realities of tooth decay.

I was just getting started! I had spent hours with my Jane Fonda gorilla meditation the night before, and I had so much LoveKnowledge to share! So many lush spiritual campagnas to explore! But the boys were spent. I could see it in their twisted limbs and haunted eyes. Tomorrow is another day, I told myself, as they rested like kittens by the fire.

--Trish

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the show and the dance tonight in Minneapolis, and it was nothing short of awesome. You guys are kick-ass performers. What is the song that you do the dance to?

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISN't IS AN AWESOME DANCE? *w00t*
The song is called A Million ways!
HAHAHAH AND i enjoy how your comment was posted at 3:30 am! GLORIOUS!
*huggles*
Superfan Rose

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you guys in Minneapolis on Wednesday. I've been a fan for a while now (I actually received a promo CD while I was in line for a show a few months before the self-titled album came out and bought the album right after it was released). This was my first time seeing you guys, and I was totally blown away. I thought the dance at the end was fantastic. Somehow you guys managed to be absolutely hilarious but also really good. It made me think of the dance routines I used to make up with my friends when I was ten years old (except better, of course).

I hope you'll come to Minneapolis again soon. I'd definitely like to see you guys again!

Thanks for putting on a great show.

Kris

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, im a big fan of Ok Go and i was looking at ur up comming tours hoping that u would have a tour some where close to where i live. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME TO MEMPHIS, TENNESSE (or some where around memphis) because i have MANY friends who are also fans of yours. so PLEASE!!!

-clbb

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Million Ways" by whom? I looked for it on iTunes but to no avail. Thanks!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"A Million Ways" is going to be on the new album, coming out Aug. 30th

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah. Gotcha. This is why I had trouble finding it. I'm stoked for the new album. Thanks!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home