Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Chapter Fifty-Four: Blender's Treats & Rendered Meats
Two reasons why you should pick up the new issue (December 2005) of Blender magazine:
  1. We host their holiday gift guide. Hosting duties include posing for some snazzy pictures. You'll see Dan looking like a European telecommunications mogul, Damian, not looking mogul-y but wearing paisley pants, and Tim and I sporting matching old lady broaches (The broaches match, not the old ladies. Although if two old ladies wore them, I guess they'd match...broaches are weird.) Best of all, the good people at Blender misspelled our album as "OK No," which is, in my opinion, very funny.
  2. The Toyota spread on pages 24 and 25 features a shot of Coney Island Hot Dogs from my hometown of Worcester, MA. They serve pretty solid tube steaks in the New York style (mustard, onions, chili). To be honest, I've been obsessed with hot dogs since our last visit to Chicago in which we rocked Wiener's Circle and Maxwell St. on consecutive evenings. I realized that after spending literally two hours reading this website that things were getting a little out of hand. I also realized that I was really hungry.

Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Love,
Rusty

-----
a note from jorge:
Rusty, next time you're in Chicago, stop messing around and just go to Hot Doug's. Not only are their encased meats amazing (Today's Specials, Regular Menu), but they've got their own theme song (with remixes!): Rock Mix, Techno Mix, Hybrid Mix. Yummy.

11 Comments:

Blogger silverpistola said...

Damn Rusty, I REALLY want a hot dog now. (They're even talking about hot dogs on Smallville!!!)

The broaches you guys wear rock. My friend recently bought one in a similar style whilst we were in London.

See, you guys are trendsetters!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Katy* said...

Damian's paisley pants = the awesome.

You, Rusty, also look quite dapper, especially with the Burberry bag in hand. (I heart Burberry.)

"OK No" IS really funny! That will the name of the album in which you smash up all the songs from "OK Go" with "Oh, No." Seriously, it'd be great.

*coughcoughcomebacktoMassachusettscoughcoughI'msuretherearesomelovelyplacestogethotdogsinAmherst,toocoughcough*

3:50 PM  
Anonymous dana said...

Roosty, over my Thanksgiving break I had a Pumpkin Spice coffee from the local coffee house, and it made me think of you. It made it twelve thousand times better.

AND, the "OK No" misspelling makes me laugh really really hard. Ahahahahaha, I'm laughing now. Alone. Really loudly.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous karleigh the fabulous said...

I just got my first subscribed issue of Blender today, how odd is that? Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Felster said...

whaaaa i want to be the type of person that reads blender... im not that trendy and too lazy to go out and buy it from the corner store. I saw the photos on the message board though and I must say that they are awesome to highest degree possible.

I went to the xbox lauch party... when i bumped into you with my sis we made a wierd sound that is undescribable (maybe it is in dog language!). Anyways you guys rocked the show and I wish I had the guts to talk to you... at least my sis was brave enough to ask when you would be starting.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A compulsively fanatic fan told me of your article in Blender... Actually, I picked up the magazine to laugh at the trampette Ashley Simpson had become when it was ripped from my hands and flipped to your pages. Fetching... Very fetching...

It reminds me of my brother's friends: Computer nerds who play too much poker and laugh when someone farts... Again, fetching.

So... Dear lord I have no idea where I'm going with this. I guess it's that you're amusing to watch, listen, and read. Continue the fascinating work and love of coreographic danceaphobia.

(P.S. I have your new album and am waiting to savor its first listen. I hope I won't be dissapointed.)

Cheers!
-Heather S. (Chicago Crayon Collector)

11:46 PM  
Blogger liz said...

so.....can we call you Rusty Doggie-Dogg? I imagine Steve would welcome you to the Hot Dog Spot Team and let you share the creative naming pun.

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Maxwellian said...

Believe it or not, I actually live on the very same Maxwell St. in Chicago Rusty speaks of. So if he needed someplace to chill after stuffing himself with hot dogs, my apartment is available...;).

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Rianne said...

I wasn't aware that it was humanly possible to misspell "Oh No." Perhaps I have too much faith in humanity.

Incidentally, "Ok No" is also the name of the burned CD I once created that
included both your old and new albums (minus the song "Cinnamon Lips"). Hopefully this typo will
serve to publicize both CDs at once...?

4:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rusty, my Thanksgiving was filled with old people. It pretty much sucked. But I am going to go...eat a hotdog. Because I think we have those...

8:02 PM  
Blogger !!! said...

hey jorge,
Hot Doug's by western, right?
they're great.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home