Saturday, October 08, 2005

UK Edition, Chapter 2: Rubbish!
After our first show with the wonderful Brendan Benson I spent the better part of the evening talking with a local Scot named Jimmy. Well, I think his name was Jimmy:

Jimmy: "My name is Jimmy."
Me: "Ahh, like Jimmy Page."
Jimmy: "No, that's Jemmy."
Me: "Really, it's not pronounced Jimmy?"
Jimmy/Jemmy?: "No, I'm Jemmy."
Me: "I thought you were Jimmy."
J[i|e]mmy: "Naw, that's Jemmy Page."
Me: "...."
J: "Do yeh want anothah Scotch?"
Me: "Yes, please."

We spent the rest of the night talking about soccer, which brought out the expression "Aw, that team/player's rubbish!" every five minutes. It's my newest favoritest thing to say.

Love,
Rusty

5 Comments:

Anonymous Matt said...

Comedy Gold.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jemmy/Jimmy...

this cracked me up lol

2:44 AM  
Blogger Katy* said...

HAHA. That is amazing.

4:24 PM  
Blogger JagjitGarre4tt534 16206t said...

Domin8 MySpace with myspace proxies. Check out www.domin8myspace.com

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was hilarious. You rock Rusty!

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home