Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tim On Tour: Leeds, England
Hi-ho Tim Nordwind here from OK Go. Tonight I am in Leeds, England. In Leeds, around 1am on a crisp autumn Sunday night, locals enjoy stumbling drunk on the streets proclaiming with all their thick-necked, buzz-cutted, football-loving might, "Jesus luvs me, yes he duz." After that definitive moment, locals like to frequent the many kabob shops here in Leeds. If you go, get the chips (that's fries in American) with gravy on top. It's class, as they say in Ireland when they want to say it's good.

Sometimes people come to visit the great city of Leeds with nothing clean to wear and no time to do their laundry. If that is the case for you or someone you know, do not worry. The center of Leeds is bustling most days of the week, Sundays included, with plenty of clothing shops. If underwear is in short supply, anybody, even most of the guys in my band, can run out into the streets of Leeds and find a shop selling inexpensive and CLEAN underwear and, yes, even socks.

Well, that's all I have from Leeds. Now, onto Wolverhampton. I know nothing about Wolverhampton, but I strongly suspect its citizens will be furry, uni-browed people with hairy feet, clothed only in bear pelts. I'll investigate for you, and report back on whether or not that is true…. if I make it out alive.

Until then my dears...

Free your minds,
Timothy Charming

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timothy Charming, I love you.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Felibeli said...

You rock this blog Tim... I will pray you survive Wolverhampton.

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the Wolverhampton gig; nice one, boys. (And I can't pronounce it either...) Nice dancing, by the way.

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm hopeing that you are not a werewolf now...you should become a vampire instead. they are much cooler.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Katy said...

Whenever I get really tired, I watch the "A Million Ways" video and try to learn the dance moves. It's pretty sweet.

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Matt said...

DON'T GET EATEN!!

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Sophia said...

Lol, I love your connotations and diction. I'm glad that you type correctly and that your grammar is correct. Please excuse me if I am none of that. :D Awesome blog. And I do hope that you make it out alive. By the way, I'm a new fan of the band.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

charming is right...

12:38 AM  
Anonymous setsumi said...

Hello Timothy Charming,
I wonder if Damian could find his underwear even in Leeds according to the previous chapter he seems to have very severe taste of underwear :p.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous karleigh the fabulous said...

Since I'm going to be going for a year abroad to the UK, the underwear thing may be of some assistance. Thanks!
<3Karleigh

2:04 AM  
Blogger Surrender2Lola said...

Hey, congrats on Best Week Ever on VH1 giving you infinite publicity for the 1000000 Ways dance video.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Dana said...

Oh, my darling darling Timothy Charming. How I love thee. I would have braved the furry souls of Wolverhampton with you, except for I live in the States and am waiting for you boys to come on over here and rock my face off. I do hope you have an abundance of clean underwear. Let me know if you need any.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous dana said...

HOly shit, I just went back and read all the other posts from on tour, and I must say that you boys are the funniest damn things in the world. And you make me want to cuss, which in turn makes me feel saucy. I knew you were my favorite band for a plethora of reasons.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

yola! congrats on best week ever the million ways video! hehe i like that video! well byebye

6:47 PM  
Blogger you_go_girl said...

Ha! Dana, you are funny, too. And a good writer. I enjoyed your Xanga page.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I know this has nothing to do with this post, but a friend just sent me this link, and I was thinking if Damian needs another pair of tight pants, these might be a good buy. Maybe one of you fans will even buy them for him, for his birthday.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8335653541

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Marie said...

when will you ever return to San Francisco and these parts? I am this disappointed that I didn't get to see you.

imagine my hands at least a foot apart.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Kristin said...

"If underwear is in short supply, anybody, even most of the guys in my band, can run out into the streets of Leeds and find a shop selling inexpensive and CLEAN underwear"

Tim, I like that you say MOST of the guys in your band, so as to exclude Damian, since we already know he is notoriously picky in his underwear selection.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Katy* said...

"If underwear is in short supply, anybody, even most of the guys in my band, can run out into the streets of Leeds and find a shop selling inexpensive and CLEAN underwear and, yes, even socks."

^^ What are you trying to say about Dan, Rusty, and Damian's underwear and socks? Is there something we should know? (Or maybe we shouldn't know...)

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home