Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Young Angst Vs. Angus Young*
I was remarking the other day that it seened like the era of stale modern rock had finally passed. You know what I'm talking about:

Take Pearl Jam, strip away anything good, then add anger. Taste. Then add way too much melodrama. Stir for nine years. Spit up.

Indeed, empirical observations throughout the tour showed that rock radio was less cringe-worthy than it had been in years. My theory was coming along nicely... Enter Florida. I realize that a lot of the heavy-hitters from this era were spawned in the Sunshine State, but that doesn't excuse you. The radio station we listened to during our soundcheck dumped a noxious stream of unlistenable angst into our tender ears. I cried, smashed a chair, and cried again. And then I lifted both fists to heaven and let out a long, deep-throated howl because people don't understand me. And then I cried some more. And then I smashed another chair.

Regardless of my pessimistic outlook, the Tampa/Seminolians at Boomerz were the real deal, unafraid to rock despite our lack of fake rain or a long list of non-specific dissatisfactions. And for that, I, of course, salute you.

Love,
Rusty

*Angus always wins.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay seminoles!!

Yay AC/DC!

YAY OK GO!!!!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Roz said...

What music are you referring to?

I'd be interested in what makes Rusty so angry.

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

We tampa fans loved the Ok Go show, especially Andy's headstand during the very well choreographed dance sequence!!

5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww Andy, do you need a hug?

7:46 PM  
Blogger katie said...

ok go!!! yaaaaay!!! best band ever!! me and my sister were gunna go to the concert in DC the other night.. but dumb parents wouldn't let us! booo!! then we saw them on SNL and were really mad we missed out.

COME TO DC AGAIN!!!!
<3

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy you loved us!!! you guys were wonderful!!!
love bec

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think Florida is bad, you should try Buffalo. I haven't been able to listen to a radio in about two years.

Good luck with touring! You guys rock!

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love okgo, welove okgo, heck, the whole world would love okgo at first sight! you guys totally rawked to the mad extreme! w00t-a-w00t!

love, ali

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home