Friday, April 15, 2005

Chapter Thirty-Five: Miss Me With Your Best Shot
Our show in Hotlanta was only mildly Hot, but it was certainly lanta. Before we went on, I was devastated by a five-month old black lab mix that someone was selling. I totally would've gotten her, but our vehicles already smell bad enough. Plus, I could tell that dog partied too much... she might have destroyed our professional edge.

We're currently in Jacksonville, FL, and I'm sort of on edge: a friend alerted me to a bill just passed by the Florida legislature. It's nicknamed the "Kill Bill," and it makes it legal to shoot people in public if you feel threatened by them. I'm not asking much of you sunny Floridians, just this: PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ME.

Thank you in advance,

Rusty

9 Comments:

Blogger elizabertie said...

Be careful Rusty, here's some other FL laws I found on the net:

--Stage nudity is banned, with the exception of "bona fide" theatrical performances. Violating this ordinance results in a $100 fine.
--It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.
--You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays.
--Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.

Just don't want my favorite boys ta get arrested!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Jorge said...

I've got a feeling they're going to violate every single one of those laws before they leave the Sunshine State.

1:55 PM  
Blogger A. Dubs said...

that's hilarious... I knew florida was secretly twisted... [yeah, I just found the blog today... I've been so out of the loop]

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Makes me so proud to live in Florida. LOL!

BTW, great show in Seminole last night! I had a blast! Best encore EVER!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. incredible seminole show. twas the best ever!
lovebec

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great show in jacksonville guys,can't wait till you come back.keep up the good job rusty,and learn all those old songs we all love so much. Fitz

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Randomnominity said...

Hm. I was watching MAD Tv, and I saw you perform 'Get Over It'. Man, you guys rock.

For lack of something better to say,
You guys are 'effing awesome!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Randomnominity said...

Oh, my, upon further exploration of the website, I found you're playing where I live.

Damn, I wish I were old enough to go. >.<

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Hi, New Andy! On behalf of the people of Florida, I'd like to say, we're very happy not to have shot you.

Fine show. Could it have been any harder to get to the club with all the surrounding construction??

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home