Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Chapter Thirty-Eight: No Space Mountain For Me

Photo is from a Flickr set of unhappy people at Disney World. Found on BoingBoing

That's right, and I'm pissed about it. No Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, No 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea, No Huge Golfball-shaped ride at Epcot. I'm pretty sure all this anger comes from the time when I was too young to go on Space Mountain myself, so my dad and brother went and rode it before I woke up. Oh God, I'm crying again... dammit this Florida thing is taking me on an emotional roller coaster ride (pun intended).

The Social in Orlando is a rectangular place with a stage that's about 100 feet long and 5 inches deep, which means our jumping and jostling was restricted, which means I almost fell over a bunch of times. Note, I said almost. But hey, the tour's not over yet!

Still upright,
Rusty

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Spaceship Earth (Epcot's Golf Ball) isn't that great of a ride...it just chronicles the evolution of man. You'd be much better off going over to the Studios to ride the Rockin' Rollercoaster. :)

11:11 AM  
Blogger kari said...

I agree... The Rockin Rollercoaster is where its at. I'm sorry that you dont get to go on Space Mountain. :(

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the golf ball isn't too great.

but that space mountain conspiracy is sad.

You'll get to go on it someday.

Still so happy you considered seminole as the real deal!

lovelovelove bec

11:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Epcot and all those fun places a while ago and the Rockin' Rollercoaster scared the f*** outta me lol..it was hilarious...but i would do it again

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous posters are silly... disney isnt the place to be at all... It's Islands of Adventure at Universal Studio... Oh..Yeah.

Also, I feel your pain about The Social, I'm pretty sure their capacity number is unsafe...

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are ALL wrong about Disney. Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio is THE place to go. We have all the best rides. Top Thrill is 420 feet in the air and goes 120 mph, and millenium force is like 300+ feet and goes like 90mph and there are 10 or 11 other coaster. It is so the coolest amusement park ever, nothing could compare.

~Suzy

11:21 AM  
Blogger funkysamm said...

My deepest sympathies about the space mountain thing. But you really should come over here in California to ride Space Mountain! It's almost brand new [barely a year old] and it's awesome! My friends and I went on it when our band went to Disneyland, it rocked my socks!

-Sam =]

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home