Friday, April 22, 2005

Chapter Forty: The Big Easy
New Orleans is a beautiful city... if you only count the 15-block heavily-touristed French Quarter. Put a zillion tourists in an extremely impoverished city and you get some interesting situations.

For example, after our set at One-Eyed Jacks, a guy came up to me with a huge gash across his eye-brow.

Dude: "Aw shit man, I'm soooo sorry we missed your set!"
Me: "That's ok... we'll be back."
Dude: "Yeah, I mean, we were on our way over here and some dude came out of nowhere and just decked me" (pointing to the gash on his forehead).
Me: "What?!"
Dude: "Yeah man, I went down hard. I'm really sorry we missed your show."
Me: "Are you OK?!"
Dude: "Huh? Oh yeah sure."
Me: "Well, what did you do? Did you fight back? What happened?"
Dude: "You think I was gonna fight THAT guy?! What are you, crazy?!"

I can only imagine our friend had about 27 drinks that night. If that's not a perfect introduction to New Orleans, I don't know what is.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ryan said...

hahahaha i love the guy's reaction to your asking if he fought back.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Leland said...

that may be the greatest conversation in the history of man.


...or maybe just another cool OK Go happening

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home