Monday, March 21, 2005

Chapter Twenty-Three: OK Go 10, Toledo 0
Holy Toledo! Ok, now that that's out of the way, we can get on with this post. Damian and I spent several hours driving around Toledo looking for a decent cup of coffee and along the way invited exactly 10 people to our show (OK Go having never played Toledo, we even put these people on the guest list!), and exactly zero of the people we invited showed.

Not cool, Toledo... I'll remember that. (Before you start barraging Jorge and me with guest list requests, I'd like to note this offer is only good for people standing between us and our coffee.)

Love,

Rusty

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't surprise me that you drove around for so long looking for a place for coffee... everything in Toledo was closed! Driving all the way from Milwaukee for the show, we were hoping to find somewhere open, but no.

Oh well, it was definitely worth the long drive, your show (and the one in Napoleon) rocked!

Pam

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Bowling Green, which is a bit south of Toledo, and would probably have been a better bet for both the coffee and the random guest invites, being a college town and all (albeit not much of one). On the other hand, it does have the nation's only actual degree program in popular culture ... I was at the show, and it rocked, but I was a little unsure what the turnout would be like - Ohio isn't much of a cultural hotspot.

Did Tim win every game of pool you two played, or was that just me?

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So quickly forgotten... Before the show you guys stopped in for coffee and a hot chocolate, if I remember correclty. And, then invited 4 of us, we all went. You guys even came back the next day for more coffee, and one of the girls commented on what a great show it was.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home