Thursday, March 24, 2005

Chapter Twenty-Six: Stitch, Stitch, Stitch
Beware of Cleveland's evil, or maybe just ignorant, tailors! When we're in New York next week we're going to be doing photo shoots for the upcoming album promotion and we needed to be measured for our beautifully froofy, over-indulgent suits. Unfortunately, the tailor thought it appropriate to "improvise" on our measurements.

I'll let Damian explain:

"We went to get our measurements done at a suit shop in downtown Cleveland. I went there under the impression that the girth of one's chest is a relatively fixed quantity, the sort of number that doesn't change significantly from tailor to tailor, or measuring tape to measuring tape. Not so, apparently: it seems that chest size is pretty subjective. This guy, for instance, liked to hold the tape out about five inches from our chests when measuring. I was a 42 according to him (I usually wear 36 or 38, and swim in a 40). He draped Tim and Andy in enormous tents and then took "rough measurements" from those. If you made suits using his measurements, we'd all look like David Byrne or ministers from southern black churches. Or cops. Anyhow, we finally found a trustworthy seamstress..."

Do you really want to see us in non-overly-tight clothing anyway?

Love,
Rusty

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for overly-tight. Otherwise, how would "the pure essence of rock and roll" ever be revealed again?

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I strongly agree with what the last person said :)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous ren said...

overly-tight, of course.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Katy* said...

I have to say I quite enjoyed Damian's overly-tight red pants. So I'm all for overly-tight. Just as long as y'all don't lose circulation halfway through a show or something.

7:13 PM  
Blogger Katy* said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Sproulsbest said...

Maybe u all should have me come with u and make what u want then and there? I would promise that rock and roll would never be the same again real deal reveal

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home