Saturday, February 26, 2005

Chapter Nine: Here, There and Underwear
Just east of Town Hall and across the railroad tracks in Denton, Texas you'll find a small, nondescript little building with the letters "RGRS" on the front. The place is called "Rubber Gloves," and yes, I spent literally 10 minutes trying to figure out how "Rubber Gloves" = "RGRS" (we later found out that there are a number of rehearsal studios in the building making the full establishment name "Rubber Gloves Rehearsal Space"...crafty). Inside, you'll find one of the coolest bars/rock clubs this side of Dubya with a great jukebox and cool staff to boot.

A word to the wise: don't go shopping with Damian. Having got a week and a half into the tour we took the trek to the local Denton shopping mall to pick up socks and underwear. This should be easy. It took me about three minutes to grab what I needed when I noticed Damian intently staring at the underwear rack:

Damian: "Don't you think the selection here is a little weird?"
Me: "Uhh, I don't know, why?"
Damian: "Like, look at these [picks up a pair of drawers]. It's possible that these will have too much fabric and then you'll just be swimming in it."
Me: "OK."
Damian: "But these over here [picks up another pair], there's a decent chance they'll be too small, and that you definitely don't want...I mean, Jesus, just get those off of me...you know what I mean?"
Me: "I guess."
Damian: "I'm just not familiar with their selection."
Me: "Dude, it's underwear, who cares?"
Damian: "No, I can't deal with this...we have to go somewhere else."
Me: "[sigh] Alrighty."

This happened two more times in other department stores (I shit you not). From now on all my interactions with Damian will be non-undergarment related, I promise you.

Love,

Rusty

6 Comments:

Blogger c luv said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:06 PM  
Blogger c luv said...

Ok, this time around I shall try to spell correctly...

I simply must know, what kind of undies did you and Damian buy??

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thing only got 2 comments? Dude! This is fuqin' hilarious! I mean who knew some one could actually be OCD about underroos! I would have hated to have raised this guy or to have been one of his siblings. Can you imagine what that would have been like?

Damian: Are my underroos ready yet?

Damian's family member: Yes! Stop whining, gosh!

Damian: UGH! Take them back! I can't wear these! They're not downy fresH!

Damian's family member: Yeah, so I used tied instead, so what?!

Damian: If you don't use Downy they will be all staticy! A micro field of positronic neutrons will then form a black whole causing back matter to shift resulting in a planetoid to implode thus inducing Martha Stuart to be popular again!! All happening within the confines of my pants!! You HAVE to use DOWNY 8C!!!

Bwahahahahahaaa XD XP!!!
~jackie

8:30 PM  
Anonymous ri said...

i feel damians pain.
i have the same problem.
and am currently in undie rehab.
haha, well sounded like you had a great ddaaayy!
yay for undie shopping.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun. A day of underwear shopping with Damian...

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. I seriously didn't know that Damian's so particular about his undies.

Hilarious post! I wanna see more of these kind of posts soon!

GO RUSTY!

And I would actually like to hear it from Damian's point of view, though. :)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home